Go Wholesale helps you discover products, manage your orders, and pay invoices. As such, it is a critical part of your business and there are steps you should take to ensure you and your business remain secure. Just like with your email, banking login, and social media accounts, you should be following effective security practices to maintain your Faire account security.
Use a password vault
We encourage all Go Wholesale users to use a password vault to manage and generate unique passwords. Some examples include the Apple password manager, Chrome password manager, LastPass or 1Password. For any online account always use random passwords with a mix of letters, numbers and symbols with a length of at least 8 characters. Never use the same password for different accounts or websites and never share your passwords with anyone for any reason.
Avoid using public or shared computers
Avoid using public or shared computers to access your Go Wholesale account, but if you do, make sure to logout and close the browser when you are done with your work. Consider using a VPN to access sensitive information over public WiFi.
Protect yourself from phishing emails
Follow these tips to protect yourself against phishing emails:
•Always verify the source of emails by checking who sent you the email, and be careful to only open emails from trusted sources.
•Only open links and attachments in emails from sources you trust and know.
•Make sure to check the URL (address bar) on any links you open and only enter sensitive information if you recognize the URL.
•Only enter sensitive information on websites that are secured by HTTPS. Those websites will have a lock icon in the address bar.
You can find more information on protecting yourself from phishing emails here.
What to do when your account is compromised
If your account has been compromised, follow the steps below:
1. Log into the email account you use with Go Wholesale and change the password.
2. Log into your Go Wholesale account and change the password. If you are unable to log in, reset your password. If you do not receive a password reset email, contact Go Wholesale support.
3. Check your recent orders (including the addresses) and update or cancel them if necessary.
4. Review your account details and settings to make sure all the information is correct.
5. Contact our Go Wholesale support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help resolving issues on your account.
6. Protect your private and sensitive information by following these government guides.
• Canada: RCMP - Anti-Fraud Center
• US: FTC - Identity theft recovery plan, FTC - Identity theft steps
• Europe: Europol - Identity theft prevention guide