Your products are what makes your brand unique. This guide will walk you through how to make sure they stand out by optimizing each element of your product listings, which can increase the likelihood of retailers discovering your products and placing those orders.
Why should I optimize my product listings?
By ensuring your products showcase accurate, relevant information, you will:
- Boost brand and product visibility in search results
- Cultivate retailer trust
- Improve product conversion
- Minimize product returns and encourage repeat customers
How do I optimize my product listings?
Start with the basics: be sure that your product names, descriptions, and images all match and refer to the same item.
To optimize your listings for maximum effect, you should aim for accuracy and quality across the following categories:
- Product name - It is the easiest way for retailers to find what they’re looking for. Use concise and detailed product titles that accurately describe the product you are selling. Include any unique characteristics about the product that you think retailers would want to see before clicking on it.
- Product description - Provide a thorough description of the product that includes all of the relevant information that a retailer would want to know before purchasing. Include key descriptive words and characteristics that you would like to highlight.
- Product Photography - Use multiple high-quality, high-resolution, centered pictures with a white background to make your product stand out and accurately depict your products. This will lead to higher conversion rates, which ultimately contribute to higher ranking.
- Product type/categories - How you categorize your products will determine where they appear when retailers search or browse on Go Wholesale.
- Catalog availability - Putting your entire catalog on Faire means that retailers don’t have to shop in multiple places, so full catalogs and new product additions drive meaningfully higher sales. In fact, brands with more products have up to 2x higher sales than other brands, simply because retailers have more options to choose from in one place.